Sunday, July 29, 2012

ViewSonic VX2250WM-LED 22-Inch (21.5-Inch Vis) Widescreen Full HD 1080p LED Monitor with Integrated Stereo Speakers


Price:    
See price in cart(Why don't we show the price?)
     This item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. Details
   
In Stock.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.
Want it delivered Tuesday, July 31?
Order it in the next 31 hours and 5 minutes, and choose One-Day Shipping at checkout.
Details
70 new 4 used from $132.00 3 refurbished from $93.99

ViewSonic VX2250WM-LED 22-Inch (21.5-Inch Vis) Widescreen Full HD 1080p LED Monitor with Integrated Stereo Speakers
I purchased this monitor because I wanted a 22 inch monitor and I didn't want to spend more than $200.

Initial impressions.This thing is light in weight. Very light. I was able to hold the monitor in one hand/arm and use my other hand to set the base and plug in the power and dvi cable without a much strain. The base is made of plastic and feels cheap. That was my first reaction, when I unwrapped the base. Once I had it on the monitor though it did it's job. This combination though makes the monitor easily wobble if it is not sitting on a sturdy desk/table, keep that in mind. (My desk is very sturdy, so this wasn't an issue.) It comes with a VGA/DVI cable, which was a pleasant surprise.

I'm a programmer.

This monitor arrived at my place of work and as soon as it came, I immediately replaced one of my monitors and worked the whole day with it. It was easy on the eyes and I could see myself using this as my daily programming monitor. It also made my other Dell monitor look old because this monitor has great contract and was bright. Pictures and text looked great on the screen. At the end of the day I did notice that this monitor gives off very little heat, very nice. Had I based my purchasing decision on this experience, it would have been a keeper.

I'm delving into web/print design.

Here's where I have an issue with the monitor. I'm working on some website and print designs and I need the colors to reproduce accurately on the screen. I know that all LCD monitors change color saturation/contrast when looking at the monitor at an angle, however, I noticed that when I look at this monitor directly, the color was too washed out, where to me, it didn't accurately reproduce the color at the angle that it should produce the color contrast/saturation the best (or really close to it). Normally I wouldn't care for this, but I need the color to look accurate. I played around with the monitor brightness/contrast/color and that didn't fix the problem. I played around with my NVidia desktop color settings and I couldn't fix the problem. Lastly I compared this monitor with another 22 inch LCD and it only confirmed my findings.

Conclusion.

If you are considering purchasing this monitor for normal use, i.e. web surfing, document editing watching movies, then by all means don't hesitate to purchase it, it's a good monitor for the price. As a programmer/normal user, I would give this monitor 4 stars. As a web/print designer, I would give this monitor 3 stars. Since I have to use it in designer mode, then I could not keep the monitor, so I returned it.


No comments:

Post a Comment